Does Sony's "clear zoom" work with non-Sony lenses? Or with the LA-EA2 + A-mount?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Digital Nigel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,926Gear list
Like?
Re: Does Sony's "clear zoom" work with non-Sony lenses? Or with the LA-EA2 + A-mount?
In reply to captura, 4 months ago

captura wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

I'm not sure why the lens matters. This is just a crop and upsize image processing technique, which like any digital zoom, can be done in-camera or later on the computer. It doesn't have anything to do with the lens.

I disagree with your statement because that is still an unresolved subject of debate, on a different thread.

So which part do you disagree with?  Surely everything I said above is purely factual.

The only unresolved part of the debate is whether CIZ employs a better upscaling algorithm than bicubic. My testing says that it doesn't, some people think it does, but haven't come up with any evidence beyond Sony's marketing blurbs and poor quality unfocused test images that obviously look even worse when upscaled.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow