Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: G1 X Mark II: Not happy with handling
In reply to kinglau711, 9 months ago

kinglau711 wrote:

tron555 wrote:

kinglau711 wrote:

Same here, I am selling my G1X Mark II.

Besides the the sparse handling issues, what else prompted you to sell you G1X Mark II? Did it have anything to do with its IQ, and if so, what were you not satisfied with, please expound a bit more?

What prompted me to sell is 1/ the handling 2/ the way the controls work is confusing (to me at least) 3/ the evf, while the image displayed is good, the evf is not large enough to be comfortable to use regularly (not to mention that finally I do find that adding it on top of the camera a bit unaesthetic and bulky).

I have not as much pleasure to shoot with the G1X Mark II as I have with my m/43 camera, Sony A7, Fuji X-T1 and even my 300$ Canon EOS M or G15.

Wow, that is a very interesting observation you gave, thanks. Since you own the $300 EOS M and had the G1X Mark II, how would you compare the IQ between the two cameras? Since the EOS costs $500 less than the G1X Mark II, if the IQ is as good, it would be interesting to hear how it compared.

PS, I also agree with you and would not like to carry around an additional (expensive) add on EVF when needed, it should have been built-in for the price and size of the camera. I think all cameras that cost $800 (or more), should have some kind of built-in EVF :/

-- hide signature --

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow