Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JeffGo
Contributing MemberPosts: 667Gear list
Like?
CV28 Ultron + VM-E on A7R
8 months ago

Got my new CV28/2 Ultron and the close focus adapter from Voigtlander. I took a few quick shots, nothing special, just checking sharpness and distortion.

Sony A7R sporting a CV28/2 Ultron

Exceptional build quality on this lens, compact and dense. The same can be said for the adapter which is heavier than expected. It has a helicoid focus in the mount to allow much closer focusing, but it takes some practice as it has a disproportionate effect compared to the lens focus ring. I still need to figure out some things about manual focusing, so OOF subjects are my fault.

As expected, distortion isn't a problem at least with landscapes that don't contain bricks or other straight lines. Microcontrast greatly exceeds my expectations and sharpness looks very good although I have not taken much to prove that the borders or corners are very sharp yet.

I took these shots in fairly crappy light, just before the incoming thunderstorm but before the lighting got interesting. There may be some magenta smearing in corners, certainly a little bit of CA which corrects in LR but not done in these postings. These were shot RAW, imported into LR5.3, standard sharpening of 25 and nothing else done.

F2, 1/250s, ISO 100 close focus engaged (about 8-10 inches from the chive plant). Any focus issues are my own as I relied on peaking and didn't have magnification engaged. Specular highlights aplenty if you zoom in, I don't know enough to say they are good or bad.

F2, 1/250s, ISO 100 close focus engaged.

F5.6 or F8, 1/250s, ISO 1250

I will try to take more interesting shots soon this was just what I could get to from my backyard before it poured (again).

JeffGo's gear list:JeffGo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS20 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +8 more
Sony Alpha 7R Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow