wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,665Gear list
Like?
Re: XT1 - Truly Superior IQ
In reply to Sal Baker, 7 months ago

Sal Baker wrote:

Photo-Wiz wrote:

wyldberi wrote:

There are any number factors that can decrease image sharpness. To make any sort of accurate comparison, you have to shoot using a tripod and remote shutter release or a manual shutter cable. Even the way in which the camera grip fits your hand can affect the way your finger presses the shutter release button.

The wonderful Fuji lenses help in many cases, as well.

Objectively what you say is true. But I like to compare cameras in the same manner as I will actually use them. Since I very rarely use a tripod, I never compare cameras that way. I go out and take a few series of photos using both cameras in the same timeframe. I take several images of each object/scene. Then I compare the best photos that each camera has taken of each object/scene..

That process is only testing your ability to consistently hold a camera with no movement. The "best" shots are only the ones that randomly had less motion and says nothing about the cameras being tested.

The reason why people test sharpness on a static image with a tripod is to remove the variables. Otherwise you are only documenting which camera might look sharper when the image is motion-blurred.

Sal

Sal is precisely correct.

Even if you never use a tripod for field work, testing the relative sharpness of different set-ups using a tripod will go much further in determining which camera produces the sharpest images.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow