Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
t.c. marino
Contributing MemberPosts: 619
Like?
Re: Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.
In reply to ChrisWH, 9 months ago

ChrisWH wrote:

ScottRH wrote:

It is clear customers want a D700 replacement, and the D610, D800/E, and D4s are not it.

It comes down to what will Nikon do, if anything, to prevent inevitable customer loss because of this.

It's clear that the D700 has been split into two product lines (D800/D610). Options for D700 owners will get better when the D800s/D610s variants come out.

I think Nikon's biggest problem is lack of communication & clear direction to its customers.

I don't see a reason to 'upgrade' from my D700. Things that other customers clamored about, live view, video, don't really interest me. I think the increased pixels in the D800 is 'cool' but it wouldn't make me a better photographer.

-- hide signature --

THANK GOD i held on to my d700..and d300s...AND ancient d2h..still waiting for them to release the right combo of fps,megapixel,buffer,feauture set at an "affordable" price.the d300/d700 were the last cams to do that...the new cameras are very nice..but they dont click on all cylinders,d7100 has "all right"fps top of line af..with tiny buffer,d800 has class leading sensor/dr/iq..not fast enough due 36mp,d610 has great iq..and an af system and build quality of consumer dx bodies and a bad rap for" perceived" qc problems.d4 clicks on all cylinders..but is priced at $6k etc etc..
nikonshooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow