Flash problems with the new Olympus XZ-10

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Darlene Goff
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Flash problems with the new Olympus XZ-10
In reply to LM SK, 5 months ago

And most reviews don't tell you that they did not put the Super Control Panel in the XZ-10. So you have most of the enthusiast features from the XZ-2 and yet you cannot enable the SCP to get to them easily. Olympus's menus are a nightmare. I would wade through them, but half the time they make no sense. There is nothing intuitive to them and I don't even know if you can turn off those silly balloons that tell you what a setting does.   I was willing to put up with the smaller sensor. I actually bought it for the extended zoom to 130, but changing settings, even getting to macro, when I am out with the camera is a laborious process.
So for me the flash issue is just one more strike against what could be a decent camera. With that and the fact that on most Oly MFT's you get to buy the EVF separately and can choose to use it OR the flash because they both use the hotshoe port and that the Stylus 1 is at least $100-$150 more than the FZ200 when it came out. The successor to the FZ200 is going to cream the Stylus price-wise. I am more than happy that I own an LX7 and a Panny G6 MFT because I can't use the XZ-10 to its full extent. And I wanted to very much even with the limitations of the smaller sensor. Oly disappoints me.

Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow