ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Silverghost123
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
Card speeds for OMD EM1 question following lock ups
9 months ago

Hi All,

I was at the zoo last week and took in excess of 2000 photos using my OMD EM1, primarily I was using the 75-300 II lens. The settings were:

LSF + RAW
CAF/ TR
Sequential (Low) to auto focus before each shot

I appreciate that the settings I was using were going to put a fair strain on the camera, but following 3 lock ups (Latest firmware 1.1) I went back to shop that I bought it from and they kindly replaced it with the hope that it was a hardware issue. I have since searched the internet and see that it has happened to a few people (It hasn't happened to me since), but sounds very rare so I have my fingers crossed for the replacement camera.

Anyway, the question is this, the person serving me in the shop suggested that I may like to get a faster card, I am currently using a Sandisk 45mbs, class 10 card, my understanding is as follows -

45 Mb/s - refers to read speed (example would be reviewing video playback)
Class 10 - refers to the write speed, and I believe this is the fastest on the market

I haven't found any issues with the reading aspects of the card, i.e. everything is fast enough when reviewing videos/ photos, so don't believe that upgrading to a 90mbs card would give me any benefit?

Please can you offer some advice, there is always the strong possibility that I have got the wrong end of the stick

Silverghost123's gear list:Silverghost123's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow