Does Sony's "clear zoom" work with non-Sony lenses? Or with the LA-EA2 + A-mount?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,354Gear list
Like?
Re: Does Sony's "clear zoom" work with non-Sony lenses? Or with the LA-EA2 + A-mount?
In reply to wsalopek, 8 months ago

wsalopek wrote:

But how does the camera know to "go into" clear zoom mode?

On my Sony 16-50 kit lens, clear zoom starts, of course, at the end of the optical zoom range by continuing to turn the zoom ring.

If a lens has no electrical connection to the camera, how does the camera know to "go into" clear zoom as the camera has no idea what zoom setting I am using, and much less that I have reached max zoom and want to zoom in further.

Menu > Zoom on new UI, Camera > Zoom on previous UI.

Then use the dial to set zoom level (1.0x - 2.0x).

The Zoom menu option is only available for lenses that do not have PZ (power zoom).

The zoom is controlled by settings: Dig on/off, CIZ on/off. If you have only CIZ on, the zoom range will only be 1.0x to 2.0x. (There is no need to use Dig zoom - same as in post).

The Clear Zoom is applied to the image, you'll see it in live view, the camera/lens combination does not matter.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +33 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow