Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nrwhitman
Regular MemberPosts: 387Gear list
Like?
Sensor cleaning
9 months ago

Am curious, how often does anyone clean the sensor on their Olympus m4/3 camera?

Personally I have never done it and have been using 4/3 for some time (E1, E30, EPM1, E-M1, E-M1) and have never found the need to clean the sensor. Would consider myself a "moderate" lens changer and not always under the most ideal of conditions. Did have a "chunk" of something on my EPM1 sensor last year but it shook off with a flick of the wrist, would not categorize it as dust but rather a particle.

Reason for asking is just curiosity as I was browsing the Nikon FX forum and there were a couple posts regarding dust/Oil on the sensor of D610. Back when I was considering a D7000 before I got the EM5 seemed to be the same issues with that  getting a fair amount of discussion. What seemed surprising is the level of acceptance by some, for example this quote from a thread:

"Ahh please!! Learn to clean a sensor - it takes minutes and should be part of a general maintenance schedule for any camera with a interchangeable lens."

So, how often do you clean your sensor??

Thanks

Rick

nrwhitman's gear list:nrwhitman's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Nikon D610 Nikon D7000 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow