Does Sony's "clear zoom" work with non-Sony lenses? Or with the LA-EA2 + A-mount?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
DWMurf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: Does Sony's "clear zoom" work with non-Sony lenses? Or with the LA-EA2 + A-mount?
In reply to wsalopek, 9 months ago

wsalopek wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

I'm not sure why the lens matters. This is just a crop and upsize image processing technique, which like any digital zoom, can be done in-camera or later on the computer. It doesn't have anything to do with the lens.

But how does the camera know to use either clear zoom, or digital zoom, if the camera has no idea what the lens is doing?

Good question: You need to tell the camera to use it. Go into the menu and activate Clear Image Zoom, or Extended Zoom or Digital Zoom, or all of them.

My 3N has a zoom lever on the body which is handy for controlling this. It works with any lens and adapter mounted on the camera, even my legacy fixed focal length lenses. 2X Clear Image Zoom may not seem like much but it is very dramatic zoom with wide angle lenses. I use my 8mm fish-eye as a 8-16mm zoom this way.

-- hide signature --

David

DWMurf's gear list:DWMurf's gear list
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow