Simple slide viewer as LCD magnifyer/viewer??

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ascotinitaly
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
Simple slide viewer as LCD magnifyer/viewer??
9 months ago

Bear with me, I've got almost all the accessories sorted out now, I just need one last piece of advice (and I get onto the serious business of shooting and sharing!)

I've never taken to a camera without a viewfinder, makes me feel dis-connected from what I'm shooting. I have Nikons, Sonys and Fuji x100, so I'm spoiled by big, bright and info-packed displays.

The Sigma viewfinders (and Voigtlanders and others) seem to be fine for framing.....but you lose all the information from the LCD, focus point included. Seems like a partial solution at best, and relatively expensive at that.

The Hoodman loupes and all the other contraptions look like they are effective, at least. BUT they enormous for street and reportage photography -- I can't imagine attaching that Franken-viewer every time I see something I want to snap (and it's too damn big leave dangling from your neck or hand all day, right?)

My question is this:

Has anyone tried a normal slide viewer similar to this one as a solution for one of the DP Merrills LCD? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAYLIGHT-HAND-HELD-SLIDE-VIEWER-35MM-/201055661419?pt=UK_Photography_Slide_Viewers&hash=item2ecfd9ed6b

Have a great weekend

- Scot

ascotinitaly's gear list:ascotinitaly's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300S Nikon D3100 +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow