Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dvine
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
500px prime licensing clarified at 500px store
6 months ago

Below is a copy of a comment/question I submitted to the 500px forum. I would like to see DPR's review of 500px updated to cover the clarified contract rules.

"As near as I can tell, the value of an exclusive license to the contributor is a greater likelihood the image will be purchased for commercial use.

"I think then, that the section on the contributors non-commercial rights should include the words "sell as fine art prints" or something that explicitly protects the contributor for continued, license un-related profit from his/her image.

"ALSO

"We need to know that the purchasing entity's contract states about this matter. Does the purchaser realize the copyright belongs with the contributor who is free to make and sell prints either as an individual or through a print provider, such as 500px or Fine Art America or other entity.

"IMAGINE

"Coca Cola purchases an exclusive contract to use your image. Now after a major add campaign you offer signed fine art prints of the image. My guess if this right is spelled out in Coke's contract, you can make a good deal of money from your exclusively licensed image, but if not nailed down tight, Coke will claim your fine art sales are, in fact commercial.

dvine's gear list:dvine's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow