Does Sony's "clear zoom" work with non-Sony lenses? Or with the LA-EA2 + A-mount?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
areichow
Senior MemberPosts: 1,429Gear list
Like?
Re: Does Sony's "clear zoom" work with non-Sony lenses? Or with the LA-EA2 + A-mount?
In reply to wsalopek, 8 months ago

What brought me down this path is I am looking for a zoom/telephoto lens for my Nex-6. Probably the Sony SEL55210.

But...

If other lenses work with clear zoom...that could be a factor in my decision. I know, clear zoom isn't optimal, plus I know Photoshop or something like onOne's "Perfect Resize" can kinda do the same thing, but it's not bad to grab some shots that would otherwise be impossible.

I saw a thread where someone said Sony's clear zoom works with non-Sony manual lenses. But I can't see how that could be...how could the camera know to go into clear zoom mode with no electrical connection to the lens?

So three questions:

1) Does the Sony clear zoom work with, say, a Sony Nex-6, + Nikon-Nex adapter + Nikon whatever lens? (Again, I feel dumb to ask, but since another thread said yes...)

2) Does Sony clear zoom work with a non-Sony E-mount lens, like the Tamron 18-200 Di III VC? Or the Sigma lenses, like the Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN?

3) Does the Sony clear zoom work with a Sony Nex-6 + LA-EA2 + Sony A-Mount lens?

Thanks...

It works fine with a manual lens mounted with a non-electronic adapter. Why wouldn't it? It's just cropping/processing out of the center of the image.

areichow's gear list:areichow's gear list
Canon PowerShot S200 Canon PowerShot SD1000 Nikon Coolpix P300 Sony RX100 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow