Flickr redesign has started.... :((

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Sonyshine
Senior MemberPosts: 5,086Gear list
Like?
I'm enjoying ipernity.
In reply to ArtMar, 7 months ago

ArtMar wrote:

But I see that on ipernity your photos are displayed on a white background, which is hardly an ideal viewing condition (much prefer black or dark gray), and they are considerably smaller in size than on the new Flickr.

Nevertheless, good luck with your switch!

Sonyshine wrote:

A good response!

I have just spent thre days migrating all my photos to ipernity.

Its easy on the eyes and intuitive to navigate but it is a lot smaller and quieter than Flickr.

I have kept a handful of pics on Flickr.....just in case Yahoo ever sell it to someone who can fix it!

I prefer the white background, I find it easier on my eyes, especially as ipernity use black text on white as opposed to the new Flickr white text on black.

You can still view any photos in any size you like up to original size.

In fact if you used Flickr before May 2103 you will feel right at home on ipernity!

It is very fast and there are no silly effects in the slideshow mode.

Glitter tags and icons are banned so you can see and read comments easily too.

I really like it I must say - it feels more clean and friendly - being smaller is not always a bad thing.

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow