Battle of zooms: Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED vs Sony FE24-70mm F4 OSS vs Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,799Gear list
Like?
Re: +1 and the Canon 24-105/4 L IS (choice of many wedding pros) scored lousy
In reply to José B, 9 months ago

José B wrote:

shadowhumper wrote:

Price:

• Nikkor: 1600
  • Sony: 1200
  • Canon: 2200

Yep, Sony is slower but also much cheaper.

So why is everyone ganging up on Sony? Sony comes close to the Canon zoom and its half the price.
Seems that many people just love to complain isn't it?

so I don't pay too much attention to these reviews. I prefer to see pictures from the lens' owners.

Also, I note that DXO have not reviewed the other much-maligned lens in this forum----my Zeiss 16-70/4 OSS. I don't care----the IQ is simply outstanding!

To be honest, in your case it is more from being a good photographer than a good lens.  I haven't tested the 16-70mm f/4 so have no idea on its performance.

There are people out there looking for the best value for the dollar, or that use a lens a certain way where the review can be helpful.  I do think people get too tied up in review information (and I am guilty of doing reviews to help this)

Maybe my expectations are too high for what a 24-70mm f/4 lens for full frame should be capable of, but I would rather set people's expectations low and have them pleasantly surprised, rather than suffering buyers remorse when their $1200 lens isn't that much better then a kit lens in terms of image quality.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow