Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
craige4u
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Sony HX50V vs Canon SX510 - Purchase decision
7 months ago

I am looking for a camera that has great image quality and the camera that are within my budget are:

Sony HX50V, Canon SX510 and Nikon P7800

Now, right during the demo in the shop 2 diff. Nikon camera produced "Lens Error" and camera stucked and moreover the shopkeeper himself agreed that even his Nikon camera is having Lens Error problem every now & then..... So I really wonder does the Nikon quality really went so downhill ?

So, I guess if I wana play safe I am left with the next two option - HX50 and SX510.

1] Please inform me which camera would be great for taking normal holiday pictures that are crisp, clear and capable of cropping properly via photoshop.

2] What movie mode is superior for normal movie taking 24FPS (Canon) OR 60FPS (Sony) ?  I seen sum samples of Sony and strangely it has sum stutters when the user pans the camera even slowly.

3] Which of the two, will keep auto refocusing in movie mode when the scene changes?

4] I like sumthing that I can hold in my hand via wriststrap and cannon is slightly elongated and I don't wana use big pouches so whts the alternative to carry it around effortlessly without a bag.

Do provide your inputs.

Nikon Coolpix P7800 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow