How to HARD RESET the Nex-6 ... FW update related

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
toujoursdan
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
Re: How to HARD RESET the Nex-6 ... FW update related
In reply to PVCdroid, 6 months ago

I had the same thing happen, with the exact same symptoms when I updated the camera firmware on my NEX-5T. The update itself went smoothly, however when it was finished I thought I'd bricked it. I also had live view in the LCD and AF was working, but no information was displayed in the LCD, the Menu button and the other buttons weren't responsive and the power switch did not function. I removed and reinserted the battery several times but had the same problem.

I boxed it up and put it in a drawer and started looking into whether to get another 5T or the A6000, though I didn't want to spend money on another camera. Ended up pre-ordering the A6000. But the next day I took the 5T out of the drawer, put the battery in, same symptoms. I plugged it into my (Windows 8.1-64 bit) computer and tried to redo the firmware update, but the computer didn't recognize the camera. While connected, I put the switch in the off position and started to look online for solutions. About 30-60 seconds later the camera turned off on its own. I turned it on and it started operating normally to my great relief. I cancelled the A6000 order.

But the whole experience has really put me off doing Sony firmware updates for a while.

toujoursdan's gear list:toujoursdan's gear list
Sony RX100 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow