Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
Re: I guess you know your point?
In reply to joeybob, 7 months ago

joeybob wrote:

joeybob wrote:

joeybob wrote:

I need a hammer that doubles as a prybar with a built in screwdriver that also has an adjustable wrench attachment that includes a pair of needle nose pliers with a micrometer and a leather punch. This tool should also have a laser level a flashlight and a compass for times when I'm on safari in the jungle. While I'm at it there should be an appendage that pops out with a four way so I can take the lug nuts off of my Land cruiser, oh and a hydraulic winch power take off unit in the event that I need to swap engines in the Land cruiser. And the damn thing better have GPS and a Wi Fi connection...

What? What do you mean it doesn't include a voltmeter?! Why doesn't Snap On make this tool? Oh the horror! How could they be so out of touch?

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

Yep... Like a fleet of Peterbuilt trucks!

What's a Peterbilt??

-- hide signature --

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53398199

No idea?

I'm only frig ging with ya!  But I don't  get how you figure a mult tool connects to my comment about a big gap in Nikon's lineup.

But I'll explain the gap. There's nowhere for a D700 user to go and still maintain the parimeters of a D700.  D700 had same mp sensor as D3, D3S and D300, 300s so in today's market that would be 16mp or 24mp - your choice.  D700 had a decent buffer relating to it's mp size, so it would need a buffer relative to a 16 or 24 mp sensor. ( Neither D6x0, D800, D7100 has that )  Pro build ( rules out 6x0 ), top tier AF ( rules out 6x0, and IMO D800 to some extent ), non gripped with grip option ( rules out going to D4/s ), and 8 fps ( rules out Dx0, D800 ), Pro control layout ( rules out Dx0 )

In my opinion Nikon has turned into a dumbass company.  There is obviously a big gap with no D700 replacement. Everyone that wants one pretty much specs it as I have. Whether there's only 427 people in the world that wants one, I don't know.  But even car manufacturers will have one or two models that sell very few but fill a niche demand. There are reasons that they do that such as keeping a buyer within their "family", reasons that Nikon seems to be overlooking.

And for what it's worth, I have a D700, D800e, D4. And for a short period I had a D600 and D3s.

-- hide signature --

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow