Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pmallahan
Regular MemberPosts: 210Gear list
Like?
**********Challenge 185 Local Fauna**********
7 months ago

This challenge is targeted to local wildlife. If you're at all like me, when I"m out it the yard either working or just hanging out, my camera is usually not too far away because you never know when an opportunity will present itself and every once in a while I get a keeper. I use the term wildlife loosely though as not everyone lives in the "burbs" so it's whatever presents itself in your neck of the woods. It doesn't have to be anything exotic or rare, I'm looking more for unique shots. Maybe some interesting backgrounds that enhance the subject or unique poses, just no pets or farm animals. No vacation shots either, they have to be from your area of the planet. Archived shots are fine, taken within the past year and with any camera.

some examples from my back yard

I know there are people from all over the world so I expect to see some interesting animals but Pigeons and squirrels are fine, it's more about the shot.

Good luck to everyone and thanks again to full frame for choosing me in the last one.

Entries will be accepted until, April 11th.

VERY IMPORTANT! Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post and please RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR PHOTO ENTRY.

Post ONE image (if you post more than one image to keep the theme alive, clearly indicate which will be your entry in the challenge).

The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

Feel free to comment on other contestant's images, but please do not repost their image as this can lead to confusion. If you want someone to leave you some constructive criticism, put (CC) next to the title of your image.

Please embed your image in the thread. Try to resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll 800 to 1200 pixels on the longest side.

pmallahan's gear list:pmallahan's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BumpNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow