Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
joneil
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
Re: Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.
In reply to Robin Casady, 7 months ago

Robin Casady wrote:

LMAO. First the D700 fans just wanted an updated 12 MP camera. Then they slowly changed to 16 MP. Now most of them have advanced to 24 MP. When Nikon comes out with a 54 MP camera and your phones have 40 MP you guys will be wanting 36 MP.

-snip-

As a D700 and a D800 owner, sadly I completely and utterly disagree with that point of view.

What I would love to see is:

1) 16mp  That is enough.  Just like the Df or the D4(s).  I love my D800, but man, you should see the hard drive, ram  and video card upgrades I had to put my machine to effectively handle those files.   If you are an artist or amatuer, you will love 36mp (or more), but in the "real world" working purposes, right now, 16mp is just fine.  That is what I do.  My "fine art" shots are the D800, my "work shots" are the D700.

2) Dual card slots

3) Switch over the EL15 battery.  Same one used in the D7000, D7100, D800 - well, you see it.

4) Upgrade the sensor to the same as the Df.

the other thing many people are completely missing, and I keep pointing out, over, and over, and over and over again - and then sometimes ever again - is that the D700 is a tougher camera than the Df, the D800 or the D600.

In "real world use" where you are in harsh weather or conditions or enviroments, the D700 still rules over those other cameras.  Period.  Again, I have purchased, own, use and love the D800, but lets be perfectly blunt - the D700 is still a tougher, better camera for rough use.   Of the other three, the D800 is not bad, but the D700 is still my numero uno choice for rough conditions.

So that is why I want to see a new D750 or whatever they may come up with.  That is where Nikon either dropped the ball or figured they could force guys like me into a D4(s).   Well you know something Nikon, no.  Ain't gonna happen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow