Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DotCom Editor
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,588Gear list
Like?
Wireless lav mic for 5D2
9 months ago

Posted this in the Digital Video Talk forum, but there's not much action there...

I never shoot video, because I can't frame it and hang it on a wall. But, I need to record a friend giving a presentation. I'll have my Canon 5D2 on a tripod at the rear of the room with the 70-200mm f/2.8 lens. Distance from tripod to subject is probably about 50 feet. No problem there.

What I'm totally clueless about is choosing and using a wireless lavalier mic setup, so I'm looking for a recommendation. And I have no clue whether to record the audio separately and sync in post-processing (which I could probably figure out how to do) or just input the audio directly into the camera.

I own no audio recording equipment, and would be tempted to rent mic/xmtr/rcvr/recorder rather than purchase for this single occasion. I'm pursuing good sonics, but need not be of broadcast quality. I've searched this forum and didn't find anything precisely on point for my query. Your input and expertise for a minimum-effort solution are appreciated.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow