Sony A7 with Canon 16-35mm f2.8 or 17-40mm F4

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
KwhyChang
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,136
Like?
Re: Sony A7 with Canon 16-35mm f2.8 or 17-40mm F4
In reply to RER220, 4 months ago

RER220 wrote:

I recently purchased the new zeiss 24-70 f4 oss FE for my a7. I took it for my trip to AZ to take photos of the canyons. I had mixed feelings about it since a lot of people said it had soft corners, but sharp center. All of that was true. Horrible for landscape, but very usable for everything else. I already own the metabones adapter, so I'm thinking about going back to L glass for landscape. I can't find much reviews on the 16-35 or 17-40 combo on the a7 system. I use to own the 17-40, it was sharp and light, but might consider the 2.8 cause i might want to get into star photography.

I am aware that certain wide angle combos dont work well with the A7, just wondering if you guys can share your thoughts or samples.

If you want to check out my travel blog - i shoot exclusively with the A7 system now and currently own all 3 zeiss lenses excluded the kit of course

Thanks

Ryan

www.LIFEofRI.com

I have had the 17-40 for just about 10 years. Used it on crop and FF Canon and now on Metabones III adapter. Although it's not as fast as the 16-35 II it is sharper and has a better range:

I usually put these on the 6D for highest ratings, but it came up this way.

A7 with Canon 17-40/4

The Metabones III adapter allows, exif info, IS, and control of aperture. AF is about 2 seconds.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow