Travel/Everyday Camera: Fuji X10 or Olympus Pen E-PM2? (Kit Lens)

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NoxiousRogue
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Travel/Everyday Camera: Fuji X10 or Olympus Pen E-PM2? (Kit Lens)
9 months ago

I've been looking around for an alternative to my DSLR that I can carry around everywhere with ease, and I've narrowed it down to the X10 and the E-PM2.

Now, I know these are very different cameras, with the E-PM2 having a larger sensor, along with the possibility of interchangeable lenses. However, due to budget I would only be using the kit lens that comes with the E-PM2. The X10 appears to be better constructed though, with the E-PM2 looking plasticy and marketed towards soccer moms.

With that in mind, would the E-PM2 be the better option with its larger sensor? Or would the X10 function better with its smaller sensor but fast lens? I've heard the E-PM2 does very well at high ISO's, but I don't really know how well the kit lens would function. I'd like to use this camera while out and about, preferably with decent quality indoors/in low light. Any advice would be appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow