A6000 owners: what's your verdict on low-light/hi ISO IQ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,479Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 owners: what's your verdict on low-light/hi ISO IQ?
In reply to mountaindrew22, 6 months ago

mountaindrew22 wrote:

I had the chance to try the a6000 at the Toronto fashion. The camera is not available in Canada but the people who organized this workshop at Sony graciously allowed me to try it out We were restricted during the show as we had to sit in one spot, and there were rows of people in front of us so most pictures of the show are boring and/or terrible. The ISO was usually low during the show because of the lighting though, but I made a flickr set of only ISO 3200 pictures. All OOC JPG that were unretouched. Most of the pictures are bad because I was just fiddling with settings and trying them out, so I didn't really focus on what I was shooting...

ISO 3200 on a6000

thanks for sharing. I was there too (Tuesday event) and I used the same camera and lens. I did not get a chance to shoot a lot of ISO 3200 because the backstage (makeup/hairstyling stations) were slightly brighter than the lobby. There is certainly an improvement in high ISO IQ over my NEX-6 but I doubt it will be a stop difference. I am more concern with the IQ in ISO 100-400 in outdoor lighting because most of the time I shoot in those levels. In any case, I am looking forward to getting my own copy when it comes out.

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow