Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Oilman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,671Gear list
Like?
**** MiniChallenge 399 Family ***** WINNERS******
5 months ago

This was the first time we tried a new format of one picture per post, giving everyone a chance to "like" specific photos.  Although the most popular pictures were those of Avyman's goats(????) several did take the opportunity to "like specific photos. It will be up to the next winner (see below to continue this format or to change back to the old one. Turnout was a bit lower than I expected, probably due to the privacy issues expressed by Yellownet, but we got quite few comments on the pictures, which I thought was fantastic. I believe that the change in format increased the amount of comments on the photos

Now for the HM's, in no particular order.

First on the list was Sue Anne's 105 year old  Great Aunt. She must have lived an extraordinary life

Next was RL Bur's picture that shows the love between two young sisters. Very well done

I liked a couple of the old pictures as well. They included rjgr's picture of his Great Grandfather and family. this picture exemplifies the stiff formal style of family portraits in the early 1900's Exposures took a long time and in many cases, subjects were given steel frames to wear to help them keep still

I also liked the picture of dzba's grandfather at his birthday. He is dressed in the typical garb of a farmer at that time and he does not look very happy.

Adventurer's picture of his family was well framed and well done. This one could have scored better but it is a bit soft and needs technical improvement. I would suggest that you work on this one a bit more in PP as it could be a great photo.

Now for the winners!!!

4th Place Imqqmi: Four Generations: I really like the bond that this picture shows between the  different generations. Technical excellence is off-the-wall as usual for our Dutch Master

3rd Place Peter63, Cousins: This is a very sweet picture that shows the love between the two cousins. This was the crowd favorite (after the goats) and it is one of my favorites.

2nd Place Lewynn, Daughter and nephew: This is a great composition. the  blue in your daughter's pants and in your nephew's shirt along with the water creates a serene feeling as does your daughters reflective pose. Well done.

First Place: RLBur, Photobombed: This was not the technically best picture but it is exactly what I was going for, this is what it means to be in a loving family. You have three generations and Dad and Granddaughter are having a good time gigging the grandparents. You can't look at this picture and not smile. I expect that this will be an iconic picture in the Bur family and will be taken out and shown many times.

RL, I have not seen your pictures before and am very glad you decided to participate in one of our challenges . Keep the great photos coming. It is now your turn to host the next one.

-- hide signature --

The first camera bag you buy is always too small
http://www.flickr.com/geofiz

Oilman's gear list:Oilman's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow