A6000 owners: what's your verdict on low-light/hi ISO IQ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tkpatric
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 owners: what's your verdict on low-light/hi ISO IQ?
In reply to ryan92084, 6 months ago

ryan92084 wrote:

ottonis wrote:

Now that everyone is raving about the AF capabilties of the A6000, I wonder how good of IQ it does habe in low-light / hi ISO?

I have seen that a few owners of the legendary Nex 5n have got their hands on the A6000: Being a 5n owner myself, I am curious whether the A6000 can keep up with the 5n's (or Nex6') low-light performance.

What are your impressions so far?

I would be very grateful if someone could post two pictures, one taken with the A6000 and the other taken with one of the older Nex cameras (5n or 6 preferrably), at low light, NR off and perhaps around ISO 3200 (which is the very upper limit for me using the 5n).

Thanks in advance!!

David

-- hide signature --

www.flicker.com/davidsphotoblog777

Was buried in another thread here and not perfect but Vivaskull on the these French forums does a decent comparison against the NEX6 for various ISOs. 200% crops but keep in mind that as far as I can tell the 24mp a6000 was not downsized to match the 16mp nex6. I could easily be wrong on this as I'm just using google translate

French

google translated

The a6000 is indeed not downsized! And there are less visible artefact's on the a6000 crops!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow