Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
GearGuru
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
Tired of Nikon and their silly way of doing things
In reply to ScottRH, 7 months ago

I've been a long time loyal Nikon customer/user/pro. I too had wished for a D700 update (D710). When the D800 came out, it wasn't really what I wanted but still was one of the first ones to purchase one. A couple years later, I have sold my D3 and have gone with 2 D600's and the D800. But, due to the bulk, way too big files, slow fps,no IR remote capability, requiring higher shutter speeds, more mirror shock, heavier weight, loud shutter, etc., I'm ditching the D800 and keeping the 2 D600's for now. I honestly never end up using the D800. I have also been investing in the Fuji cameras and lenses and just acquired the X-T1. I love the Fuji's and I feel appreciated as a customer with their service, integrity, honesty, firmware updates and innovative high quality products. I'm tired of Nikon's boring, conservative way of doing things and introducing slightly updated products and things like the DF, D4s and the rumored D800s. I'm looking more and more toward Fuji to fulfill my camera needs. I'm sure others feel the same way. Nikon just doesn't seem to get it. Just needed to vent, so sorry for the tirade.

GearGuru's gear list:GearGuru's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow