Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,175Gear list
Like?
Started to sell off gear
7 months ago

4 boxes of camera gear packed up and shipped off for sale today. Still hung onto one FF body(5dmk3 + better Canon lenses) and hung onto my 5dmk2 Infrared body but let most of my Contax and other alternative lenses go.

What`s the point hanging onto gear and letting the price go down even further. I certainly didn`t think the day would come but things change.

Only using my Xpro1 + XE1 and taking my 14, 23, 35 and 55-200 out with me. No need to struggle focusing MF lenses when the Fuji`s are just so good. A little bit sad seeing such a big change but that is what happens when things change like they have of late. At least I`ll be able to put some needed money back into the account 

As a footnote, I change lenses a lot and under normal shooting at around f8 I`m yet too see more than just a few dust spots that seem to disappear  so I`m wondering if fuji has a good sensor shake or there is something else that`s maybe not showing up the dust? What ever, processing images for stock upload is certainly much faster now with the Fuji`s.

OK, images are not as big as they are with a FF 21 million pixels but my images that sell seem to be selected at smaller res these days anyway.

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow