Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
net1994
Regular MemberPosts: 484
Like?
Getting started with Neutral Density filters - Please suggest
5 months ago

Hello all. I will be taking a trip to the American southwest in about two week to the four corners area. I am really getting into landscape photography and have graduated to the Nikon D800. It will be impossible for me to NOT get great pictures I would really like to start using/trying ND filters, but not sure what to get or where to start. I have read a few articles online, and I get a general gist of it, but please suggest with you thoughts/experiences. The longest pictures I think I would be taking is 3-5 minutes @ f11 ISO100 at perhaps high noon with 100% sun. Not sure what filter stop I should start wit-2 stops or 4 or 6? Seems like a lee filter Big Stopper would be utter overkills? I have lenses ranging with a diameter of 58-82 mm. Everyone says to use square plates via a holder and try to dissuade from circular filters directly attached to the lens. I don’t have $300 to get started with my aboe requirements. But I will do big, HUGE prints and I don’t want degraded quality with the final output.

With that being said, please suggest with your thoughts or links. (Oh, and thanks for reading the novel.)

-- hide signature --

My Photography website = Happy time for your eyes:
http://www.paintbypixels.com

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow