I Returned the K3

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
35mmBlueSky
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: More widespread or less?
In reply to DRabbit, 8 months ago

As I mentioned before the 60 reports of the issue do carry a weight in the sense that it may affect a small amount of users, and yes those 5-star reviews on B&H and Amazon have a total of only 98 reviews as I'm typing this. But think of it this way with two important factors of how much of weight we should consider: #1 The K3 is a relatively new model, debuted for only 5 months into the market so far, with Pentax not being as a big player in the DSLR market such as Canon/Nikon, it's understandable that amount of reviews received so far isn't as much as similar offerings like Canon 70D/ Nikon D7100, but all for all, 5 star-rating is still a 5-star rating.   #2. Another thing to consider is most of the time, actual users tend not to leave feed backs if there is no issues with the product, but it's highly likely that those with issues will leave theirs, so a 5-star rating in this case does carry a lot of weight to me if I'm potentially contemplating to purchase a product, especially they are coming from major authorized retailers like B&H and Amazon.

35mmBlueSky's gear list:35mmBlueSky's gear list
Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow