Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
joneil
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
Re: Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.
In reply to ChrisWH, 7 months ago

ChrisWH wrote:

It's clear that the D700 has been split into two product lines (D800/D610). Options for D700 owners will get better when the D800s/D610s variants come out.

I think Nikon's biggest problem is lack of communication & clear direction to its customers.

I don't see a reason to 'upgrade' from my D700. Things that other customers clamored about, live view, video, don't really interest me. I think the increased pixels in the D800 is 'cool' but it wouldn't make me a better photographer.

I bought the D800, however, I will not say I upgraded from the D700, because for certain jobs, the D700 is still a way better camera.    Saying the D800 is an upgrade from the D700, is, IMO, the same thing as saying a Ford Mustang is a an upgrade from a pickup truck.    Nikon just does not get it.

Said the exact same thing to the Nikon reps at the big camera show in Toronto, ON, last year, but you can see by the look in their eyes they are all drinking the same  kool aid. 

One last thing - Nikon's refusal to upgrade the D700 is, again IMO, a classic example of one of the biggest business mistakes all business people make - small or large companies.   You should always sell the customer what they want to buy, not what you think they should buy or have.

So, although I respect people who have "upgraded" form the D700 to the D800, as for myself, now that I have both cameras, no way I am giving up the D700.  Period.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow