OT: Which P&S for my 80 year old mother?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rosember
Senior MemberPosts: 1,539Gear list
Like?
OT: Which P&S for my 80 year old mother?
4 months ago

Sorry to ask this question in the Pentax DSLR forum, but I know there are a lot of friendly and knowledgable people around here to help me find a good solution for my mother.

As said my mother is 80 years old but still very active. Last year her partner died who always was responsible for taking photos at their various social and cultural activities (like visiting art exhibitions, going to concerts of all kind, going on city trips etc.). As her activities fortunately continue my mother now has asked me which small (i.e. fits-into-a-small-handbag-size), light (i.e. not much more than 200g), easy to use (zoom lever, press one single button to take a photo, another to review, maybe a third one for recording a movie - she won't use more) P&S with good IQ (indoors is important with/without flash) I could recommend to her.

Small buttons shouldn't be too much of a problem as my mother still enjoys good eye sight and excellent fine motor skills.

My additions would be:

1. reasonable price point - for the few occasions it would not make sense more than 200 and 300, maybe 400 €/US$.

2. Generally speaking, no pp will happen - i.e. excellent IQ ooc is required - but it would be a nice addition if I could do some pp for occasionally.

3. Easy sharing, e.g via e-mail, so WiFi would be great (to get the shots on her iPad without the need of a computer or card reader).

As I haven't looked into P&S's for a long time my immediate thought was to ask here for your input.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks for your efforts and input.

Rosember's gear list:Rosember's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow