Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
Wafflebird
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
Re: Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.
In reply to Adrian Van, 9 months ago

As a canon and Olympus shooter I am still always trying to find a good deal on the 700. I was floored the other day while scanning on Amazon to see that the D700 commands a higher price new than the D800.

We all have heard the stories that the D700 canalabalized the D3 sales of which I am sure there is truth to and I am sure that is a thought of Nikon now on upgrading this camera. The flip side of this thought process is however if upgraded as you propose [which is an awesome thought in my opinion] how many would they sell? Understand that at this current moment Nikon does not have an acceptable high frame rate high resolution [lets say 16 mp or above] camera short of the D4/S. A deep buffer with a real high end AF would be the bomb. As much as some folks might "want" the D4 performance they can't swing it. At the time of the D3 the D700 was the viable option for such folks.

I think the proposed D750 would be a grand slam out of the park for Nikon. I think it would make many folks who were looking at the D600 save a little more and get this camera, at the end of the day it would be a higher dollar figure sale, don't know about more profit but it would equal more dollars sold.

Least we forget that the 5D Mark III is there and is an option, I myself have never felt that the 5D3 and the D800 were equal rivals although it is what the industry has to compare. Imagine the 8 FPS, D4S AF 24 MP, pro body D750, D710, whatever they want to name it. Pipe dream I know but....................

-- hide signature --

My saying on pictures;
"If you don't take them you won't have them"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow