ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rpichlerphoto
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Wedding photographer looking to switch from Nikon to Sony - help needed
5 months ago

Hi guys!

We have been on Nikon for as long as I remember and now we're attracted to Sony's offerings (A99).

We find the vary-angle screen very handy in certain situations as well as the EVF. We had some time to try out the A99 and it feels really good in the hand with its large grip and the comfy battery grip.

Now the question is: are there any photogs here on the forum that had some wedding experience with the A99 and what are your thoughts? Is the AF speed and accuracy in low light good enough and did you find any drawbacks while using the camera?

Unfortunately here in Croatia the Sony reps are useless - no testing possible, no nothing so I must do it this way, trying to find as much feedback and info from users as possible before making an investment into bodies and lenses.

I guess one could not go wrong with the Zeiss lenses but what about Sony's own lenses? Are they capable of delivering with the A99 well enough?

Thank you all for your responses, they are deeply appreciated!

Robert

-- hide signature --

I look forward to get in touch with fellow photographers to exchange knowledge and experiences for the betterment of our industry.

rpichlerphoto's gear list:rpichlerphoto's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +9 more
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow