ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tex
tex
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,189Gear list
Like?
Dear Pentaxians: help me help you.
6 months ago

I have a dear, longstanding (40 years!) friend who just got the Pentax rep job for the U.S. mid Atlantic region.  Formerly she did Bogen, then Manfrotto and all associated lines.  Now she is an independent (A Manfrotto change) with multiple lines, including Wescott, and now Pentax---she is very pleased.

I have always helped her in small ways keeping track of stuff going on in the industry generally that I glean from the sites I visit and news feeds I get.  I used to be Pentax long ago in film days (Pentax MX), and still have a Pentax 645N.  In digital though I first went with Oly and now am with Sony, FF and NEX apsc, with one exception---my little WG series camera I use when fishing.  But I know that the Pentax line is a really good one, with great lens options especially in primes, and possibly now has the best weather proofing out there, along with very good IBIS.  And I've got my eyes on the 645D and its coming upgrade.

I'm starting this thread to glean information from your community to pass to her.  What I'd like from you are bullet points of what you think is best about your gear and the line in general.  I don't need a narrative and don't want to waste your time, so just bullet point highlights.  I'm not as interested in the gripes---we've all got them in our own communities, believe me!---unless it's something super important that's approaching a show-stopper.  My friend is a great rep, very enthusiastic and she hits all the remaining mom and pops.  Through me I hope you will agree to help her be a more effective Pentax rep, and a successful one that increases Pentax sales and interest among dealers.

I offer my sincere thanks for your help.  BTW, I just finished doing our latest raw tone curves for Pentax cameras for The LightZone Project, and we'll have them out in v4.1 beta 7 shortly.

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Personal website: www.texandrewsart.com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Pentax 645Z Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +16 more
Pentax 645D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow