Need a little lens help before heading off to the aquarium....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 343Gear list
Like?
Need a little lens help before heading off to the aquarium....
7 months ago

Hello all!

Just looking to get some quick advice here. I'm heading off to the Monterey Bay Aquarium here in a couple of weeks and was going to bring along both my X-T1 with 18-55mm and my X100S to use both on my trip to the aquarium, Monterey, and Santa Cruz. However, I wasn't sure if the 23mm x100s would be sufficient for the aquarium (I wanted to use the X100S cause it'd be a lot quieter with the leaf shutter) or even if the 18mm would of the kit X-T1 lens would be wide enough. So I'm looking for suggestions to see if anyone would think the Fuji 14mm would perform better for the small spaces in the aquarium or do you think the X100S would be sufficient in an aquarium setting? I'd like to hold off on buying the 14mm as much as possible because I'd rather put that money towards the 56mm f1.2 instead if I can help it. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Oh and any recommendations on particular filters to use would be helpful as well! Thanks!

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow