ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alextardif
Regular MemberPosts: 288Gear list
Like?
Newborn w/ A99, 24-70CZ, PC Buff Einstein/Softbox, Imagenomic Portraiture
9 months ago

My 10 day old son

Figured I'd share a couple of shots of my boy I took a couple of days ago.  It was harder than expected trying to get a good angle of him and get the lights right (still learning studio strobes) to create that soft look I see in all newborn pro photography.  In any case, the setup was simple with large soft box above and a medium below for fill. I really wish A99 would sync up to 1/250, as advertised, but it can only do it at 1/160 or slower before the curtain shows up in the frame, bummer.

Basic retouching was in LR 5.3, followed by PS CC where I got rid of red spots in his newborn skin and then evened it out in Imagenomic Portraiture on default setting and then layered at 60% Opacity.  Portraiture is pretty cool, my first time using it so I've probably overdone it a bit, I'll be exploring this plugin a lot more in the near future.

The color temp seems warmer in the top image due to him getting moved around quite a bit and I had the room temp way too high, he cooled off later and weren't so red!

Gotta give it to the newborn pro photogs, this was no easy task!

-- hide signature --

Alex

alextardif's gear list:alextardif's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a77 II Sony Alpha 7 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +7 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow