Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,980Gear list
Like?
Final FZ70 shots
4 months ago

Here are the last two shots I'll be posting from my FZ70. I took these in my backyard today. Why are these the last two? Because I virtually destroyed the camera this afternoon. I had set it on the ground then tripped on the strap. It somehow went up in the air at least 2 times and came down hard each time--on my concrete driveway. It was very painful to watch. I couldn't believe what I had done.

There is some physical damage but worse, it won't focus properly and I get various error messages. I'm afraid it would not be worth it to have it repaired, if it could be repaired.

So I'll be buying another superzoom. I love the range of the 70 but now that the 200 is priced so low, I'm tempted to get one instead. I could probably live with the "limited" range and of course, it's a terrific camera, better than the 70 in several respects. I suppose I should look at other brands too, but there's no direct competitor that's better than the FZ200, is there?

Of course, a replacement for the 200 may come along before long, but I probably wouldn't want to pay the price it will initially command.

DW

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7000 NEX5R
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow