ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 26,936Gear list
Like?
D800s rumour - new AF.
4 months ago

According to Nikon rumours:

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/03/25/rumors-nikon-d800s-camera-preliminary-specifications.aspx/

List of possible improvements are:

• No low pass (AA) filter (just like the D800E)
  • Improved software to suppress moiré
  • Expeed 4 imaging processor
  • sRAW
  • Same AF improvements like in the D4s
  • Improved low light capabilities
  • 5 fps (6fps with the MB-D12)
  • Price between D800 and D800E - probably around $3000
  • No firm announcement date yet - my guess is Photokina (September 2014) or CES (January 2015)

Now, I have a friend who has purchased the D4s and he states that the AF is much improved over the D4 and I have seen his results on fast moving subject matter and I have to say that they are quite incredible. If the same improvements are to be added to the D800s you can put me down for one right away.

One thing he has said that he needs no AF fine adjustment with any lens even with the TC attached to his long lenses like his 600 f4 VR, 200-400 f4 VR and 200 f2, whereas previously on his D800 he needed to have some lenses with AF fine tune and some without. He seems to think there must be some sort of auto AF fine tune going on.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D4s Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow