Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ollie 2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,364Gear list
Like?
10-24mm buyers be aware.
9 months ago

Just picked mine up in Sydney today and took it into the QVB for a few inaugural test shots. Terrific lens, not as heavy or large as I was anticipating given some of the comments I’ve read here. However, I noticed that the camera would “black out” every now and then as I shifted the zoom. Weird. And then I noised that it “blacked out” whenever I moved the lens at all! Any slight twisting motion would cause it to lose contact with the body and it felt as though it wasn’t locked into the housing of the body.

I took it back to George’s and they confirmed that it was the lens. Faulty construction. Nothing to see with the naked eye but clearly a fault. Of course, mine was the last they have in stock but they’ve agreed to let me keep it until a new shipment arrives and we can swap it over. Nice guys to deal with and the cheapest prices in Sydney.

Something that prospective buyers may want to check.

Ollie 2's gear list:Ollie 2's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Olympus PEN E-P2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +16 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow