Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonzalez
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
My Sony A99 went to Africa
6 months ago

During this last week I've been using my A99 shooting wild animals in Tanzania. Here are some shots from the Tarangire-, Lake Manyara-, Serengeti- and Ngorongoro National Park safaris. Sigma 50-500 mm OS was a perfect lens for this job and it never left my camera while we we driving through the savanna.

Seeing this beautifull leopard hanging on a tree just a few meters from our safari jeep was an experience I will never forget.

You can even see the termite in this birds mouth.

Sigma 50-500 mm OS gives you plenty of choices in focal lengths. This comes handy specially when shooting in a safari.

We have to be very carefull with all of these Sony shooters!

Elephants. They do come in three sizes

Some king fishers just looking for something to eat.

Sunset on a Tarangere National Park.

Hundreds of thousands of Wildebeests, Zebras and Antilopes were now moving from Serengeti towards the Masai Mara in Kenya. What an great spectacle we were able to witness just a two days ago.

Elephants of Tarangere.

This Hyeena was having a hard time with all those flies.

Sometimes you just have to stop for a drink.

I'm the Queen of Savanna.

This Giraffe was also admiring the view of the Great Migration on a planes of Serengeti.

jonzalez's gear list:jonzalez's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 Sony SLT-A58 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +2 more
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow