My love...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,181Gear list
Like?
Re: My love...
In reply to Russell Denney, 9 months ago

She's beautiful. I see the pride in your photograph of her. It's really well done.

I read the comment about color balance and warm light. There may be two light sources at play here. If the light on her face is natural from a window it should be white to somewhat cool or blue. The light from a window is usually reflected skylight. If it was sunrise or sunset then maybe the light coming in the window is warm. If there is tungsten light on the background then that could make the background warm. The white poinsetia plant seems warm. Looking at her face in the expanded view there seems to be white whites in her eyes and cheek. If there are whites in your main subject, other than blown highlights, then I feel the color balance is correct. If there are two colors of light, your main subject is what counts, and she seems color-balanced.

The image looks good just like it is. --
Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow