Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,777
Like?
Panasonic 45-175mm or 45-150mm, Question for users
6 months ago

I thought the Pany 100-300mm was the only zoom I needed for my G6 but I got a little frustrated today at the local zoo. There were quite a few shots I wanted that were really tough with 100mm on the wide end.

On my first trip through m43 land, several years ago, I had the Pany 45-175mm power zoom and liked it. Since I normally shoot at high shutter speeds, I didn't personally encounter the shutter shock double image, though I know many did, especially at 1/160th. Well, I'm back to m43 now and buying my lenses again. The 45-175mm is what I think I want, though I am also considering the 45-150mm.

Any user comments on either of these lenses would be appreciated. I'm familiar with the advantages of the power zoom and that is a factor that I will consider. Probably none of you use both lenses, but I'd sure like to know which is the sharpest at max range.

Thanks for your help.

Jack

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow