Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phrenzy
Regular MemberPosts: 188Gear list
Like?
OM-D IS focal length settings when using a teleconverter
6 months ago

I just got what appears to be an unused pen ft 150mm f4 which from what I can tell is a stunningly sharp beautiful lens. Initially I bought it with thoughts of using it on my Pen Ft but since I have a few f lenses and so many of them are apparently being snapped up to be used on milcs I thought I would buy the adapter advd try it in the E-m5. I also have a pen f vivitar 2x tele which I thought I would try at the same time and just from looking at what I see through the finder and on the screen I can tell it's amazing.

TLDR:

Anyhow being a bit long a little IS could go a long way, particularly coming into winter where I'll be shooting slower in less light. So I wanted to know if I use the 150mm and teleconverter on the e-m5 would I set the IS FL to 150mm or 300mm?

I assume it's adjusting for the amount of zoom rather than actual physical goal length do the answer would be 300mm but im not completely sure how it adjusts so I wanted to check.

Thanks!

I assume

phrenzy's gear list:phrenzy's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-410 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-520 +13 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow