Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 1,907Gear list
Like?
My French model ...
5 months ago

These are a few from my first X-E2 shoot last week ...

This was a first test session - a test for the twenty year old model, and a learning process for me in terms of framing, lighting, DOF - the usual stuff.  The proper pics will be done in another month or so & I may well have some lighting then along with some better reflector kit.

I have no studio lighting so I made do with a hand-held silver reflector and a sheet of expanded polystyrene from the builder's merchants up the road ..  With constantly changing lighting through the big side windows, exposure had to be monitored the whole way through & at times we were up at 3200, although 800 and 1250 were the norm.

Lenses were the 35, 18-55, and occasionally the 55-200. The 35 gave some perspective issues, the 18-55 was slow, and the 55-200 too long ... and a little slow. I have acquired a 60 macro and that should do a better job, both for head shots and close detail work.

I used RAW + JPG, but these are all from OOC JPGs, and Auto WB. Plus cropping and a bit of PP tweaking. I've printed a few at A3 and they turned out well...

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Pentax MX-1 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-01 +11 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow