Sony A77 mass transfer to tablet

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Edward Sargent
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,287Gear list
Like?
Perfect solution IMHO
In reply to ErnestMiami, 7 months ago

If you shoot RAW the tablet memory will be exhausted quickly.

I use this, the Colorspace UDMA, it has a 750 gb HD and will support all file formats including video and raw. It supports all card formats and the battery charge is good for several weeks. the latest version supports WiFi so is good for IOS, Andriod and Windows. My version uses a USB cable. When connected to a tablet or PC it looks like another folder or HD, I have no Apple devices so I only assume it works the same way.

I have been using this product and an earlier version since about 2004 on all my trips. With two or more cards the only pause in shooting ability is to remove the full card and insert into the Colorspace to start the downloads then put an empty card in the camera. All this takes at the most 30 sec. Each download gets it's own folder and after the download the card is (optionally) erased. At any time you can connect the Colorspace to the tablet and view your pictures. When you return to your home computer it is simple matter of connecting the Colorspace to the computer and copying the folders over via USB or WiFi.

http://www.hypershop.com/HyperDrive/UDMA-2/

-- hide signature --

Sarge
A99| A77| A700 | QX10
Bower 8mm & 14mm
Sony 28-75|70-300G|70-400 G
Minolta 35-70|50mm|200 G|1.4 & 2X TC
Sigma 18-250|70-200|50-500|2X TC
Tamron 90|1.4 TC
Albums at www.sony-snapper.com

Edward Sargent's gear list:Edward Sargent's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow