Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tissunique
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,220
Like?
Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea...
9 months ago

So, I'm committed to Nikon because of my lens inventory. I'm selling my much loved D3s and want to replace it with something smaller in a Nikon DSLR but it must be capable of producing clean images up to say 5000 iso and must be capable of focusing accurately and quickly  in low/artifical light. It must have professional build and be able to cope with damp weather. It should have no more than 16/20/24 mpx. I already own a D610 but need a camera with top.better focusing capability as described above. It must be full-frame and a newish model (i.e. not a ghost from the distant past...).

Right now Nikon can't supply. The DF is an expensive, crippled camera. The D800 has too high mpx (raw) and currently no smaller raw options. If I was prepared to change course in lenses Canon is the obvious choice. But right now Nikon can't supply at a time when I'm being badgered by them to fill in a 25-minute-to-complete questionnaire.

I wonder how many out there or in here are facing the same problem. And think Nikon have mucked up badly. Will ther D800s solve fulfil my need - if and when it arrives? The track record doesn't fill me with confidence and my need is now...

Nikon D3S Nikon D610 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow