Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Petroglyph
Senior MemberPosts: 2,569Gear list
Like?
Test shot-Rokinon 85-with my new adobe lens profile
4 months ago

So, compared to creating the profile for the 14mm UWA - creating this one was a breeze. I shot 36 CC Chart shots in groups of nine each at f/2 - f/2.8 - f/4 and f/5.6 (portrait lens) off a tripod at about 2 meters distant and used consistent but not perfect lighting. The adobe profile creator likes to have DNG raw files the best and the K-3 will produce them automatically if one just sets it in the menu. Also set the focal length to 85mm (so the exif will show 85mm) and turn SR off. Then I run all 36 frames through the profile creator and if it only rejects a couple one will get a very nice lens profile customized to this particular camera and lens combo (and those f-stops). I noticed there isn't a profile for the Tamron 17-50 so I'm going to create one for a zoom lens next. This should be a blast also. Remember to change the name of the profile before the software saves it so it doesn't over-write the older profiles (like the one for my 14) already in there. Here is a shot taken after the profile was applied. Of course I took it at f/8 and left a window screen on behind the window in the BG and that accounts for the "interesting BG" Oh well - what a chump. Cheers.

K-3, Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 set to f/8 1/125 shutter 0 bias, ISO 400 window screen in BG = sigh and hand held

Focusing was by lloking through the bright viewfinder and watching for the focus confirm light and red flash of the in-focus point indicators. I could've used CIF or LV with 10 magnification & focus peaking but this worked Okay.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow