Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
soheil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,021Gear list
Like?
Pentax DA*55/1.4 hands on opinion
5 months ago

I got on my vacation with K5IIs/K5 plus DA12-24, DA*60-250 and DA*55. I've got my K5IIs and DA*55 just a week or two before dispatching. I ended up with using mostly the 55 and to lesser extent the 60-250 and rarely the 12-24. I had no time to adjust the AF of the 55 on my bodies but it almost always focused perfectly on the subject. I tried the K5IIs and 55 combo to evaluate the very low light focusing and it turned up to be a winner. As a comparison, I asked my friend to use his Canon 7D with 24-70/4 and 70-200/2.8 IS II and to his great surprise, K5IIs was by far the best of the two. I don't know the exact EV value of the situation but it was quite dark and one could hardly find the objects of the test in the VF. He used both built in flash and external flash spot beam for focusing but still couldn't lock the AF in some cases and significantly lower in most others.

The bokeh of the images are fantastic and the shallow DOF is dreamy. To see the details better, please double click on the images and I hope you'll enjoy as much as I do.

So, till now I'm very satisfied with this lens and body and completely agree with fellow Pentaxians who recommended it to others. And I'm still a JPEG shooter, so RAW shooters will enjoy even more.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil
------------------------------
It's the singer not the song.

soheil's gear list:soheil's gear list
Pentax Optio 330GS Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs +18 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 7D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow