Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,797Gear list
Like?
EM1 or 6D? Suggestions?
6 months ago

Sold my GH3 with 12-35mm and 35-100mm lenses.  Thought I would stay with just my GX7with 14-140II and 20mm, but the GAS fever (and money received from the sale) is giving me all kind of ideas.  Mostly:

Should I get an EM1 with 12-40mm, and have some lens compatibility with my 100-300mm?

Or, should I get the Canon 6D with the 24-105mm lens, and use it as a walk around?

I do mostly travel photography, mostly for on line albums and photo books. I hardly ever print, and if then never big. And although I like my m43 output, I'm wondering if the FF format will give me some more "punch" and clarity?

There has been much discussion about m43 vs. FF, so I'm trying to wrap it all up for my decision.  Not pixel peeping, but if I took the same photos under the same conditions, would the EM1 pictures be any better or worse than the 6D?

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow